From time to time, I get requests from folks who’d like to write something for this site.
I’m delighted to accept guest posts that meet some basic guidelines.
- Your article or post must be about expatriation or about earning an income as an expat. Personal accounts — especially your story about the experience of moving abroad, or about how you support yourself overseas — will be looked at very favorably.
- It must be original — your own work. Plagiarism will not be tolerated, and if any question of authorship arises, I will remove the article.
- It must be ours exclusively to publish for at least 90 days.
- Your article should be conversational in tone, and around 600-800 words in length.
- Submissions should be formatted for the site. If you write your post in your WordPress edit window, you can copy and paste it into an e-mail. (Make sure you click the HTML tab to copy from. If you copy from the Visual tab, things could get a little wonky.)
- I reserve the right to edit anything before it’s published.
- Include a brief (3 or 4 sentences) biography, with a photo of yourself if you’d like and a link back to your own site. Feel free to include relevant links within the body of the article, but understand I may not keep them all. Affiliate links or links to items you’re selling are not appropriate here.
- If you have an image you’d like to include in the body of the article, please send it as an e-mail attachment. It should be either a .jpg or a .png file.
- Ideally, the article should provide food for thought and/or some concrete steps others might take.
- We don’t do rants or diatribes. If you have a bone to pick, this isn’t the right venue.
Here are a few examples of guest posts you can look at:
- Living in the Land of Love
- The Flip Side of Expat Guilt
- Do I Regret Moving Overseas?
- Take it All in Stride
If you have questions about guest posting or have an idea for an article but aren’t sure it’s appropriate, ask me! You can use the Contact Form.